Smith Haus is looking for people to participate in “The Recovery Project”. Participants will receive 5 FREE RECOVERY SESSIONS that will speed your recovery from your last hard effort and dramatically increase your recovery speed after your next hard run, ride, race, or workout. The goal is to improve your natural recovery ability to give you handfuls of extra high quality training days. More info @ http://smithhauspdx.com/training/recovery-sessions
The project focuses on using a unique combination of breathing, vibration, inversion, massage (SMR), stretching, and movement all intended to supercharge your current recovery, by forcefully oxygenating and circulating blood through the body and removing metabolic waste (lactate and hydrogen ions) from your muscles, while improving your future recovery ability by increasing intramuscular blood flow. Recovery from training is an integral component of the overall training program and is essential for optimal performance and improvement. If rate of recovery is improved, higher training volumes and intensities are possible without the detrimental effects of overtraining.
Icing, compression, massage therapy, and other recovery modalities all have their positive and negative aspects to them and they mostly help you recover from your past workout. Our recovery session focuses on using circulation and muscle stimulation to harness and improve your body’s natural ability to heal itself. Icing too often can work against your body’s natural healing process. Compression has limitations on controlling it’s variables and what area it covers. Circulation and stimulation have endless potential to improve your immediate recover as well as your long term ability to recover more quickly from future physical stress as you harness and support body’s ability to excel at the natural process it is well designed for. Recovery is a part of training that is often minimized, misunderstood, and at best poorly executed. The Recovery Project hopes to make active recovery an integral and highly effective part of every successful training program.
1. You must be healthy and currently training (strength training, running, cycling, swimming. etc) 3 or more days a week with a longer or harder workout at least every 10 days.
2. You must commit to travel to the Smith Haus Training Facility at least 3 times in the first 2 weeks of participation. If you enjoy the sessions and wish to continue you will have 2 weeks to use the last 2 sessions. Sessions last 40-60 minutes depending on your needs and ability. The facility is located in Beaverton close to Allen and 217 inside the National Personal Training Institute.
3. You must be willing to blog and or post to Facebook and the Smith Haus web site about your experience and how you felt before, during, and after your sessions as well as note changes in your recovery from future hard efforts.
4. For health, safety, and parameters of the Recovery Project we CAN NOT work with people that have any history of blood clots, taking blood thinners, or have diabetes.
5. You must consent to the use of pictures and or video recorded during your sessions or related interviews to be used at the discretion of Smith Haus for the purposes of advertising and promotion.
1. 5 free recovery sessions. Check out what some of the top local runners are using to improve their training and racing.
2. 25% off of future Recovery session drop in rates till the end of 2014! 10% off of Recovery Session Packages!
3. 50% off of one private training session @ Smith Haus.
4. Open lines of communication with Coach Pete as you use the Recovery Sessions to get closer to realizing your full potential.
5. Specially discounted training packages to meet your training and racing goals.
6. Other incentives are in the works!
To Be Considered For The Recovery Project:
1. Like the Smith Haus facebook page- get announcements and info on training, nutrition, recovery, and racing https://www.facebook.com/SmithHaus
2. Call, e-mail, or comment below on the Recovery Project post- let us know you are interested and when might be most beneficial for you to start this 3-4 week experiment. Will you be racing or have some of your hardest workouts coming up? Why do you think you are a good candidate for the Recovery Project? How active have you been in your recovery lately? Let us know! Your passion is ours too. Let’s learn and improve together. Letting us know where you are in your training and what your goals are will help us pick candidates that will benefit the most from participating as well as give us the greatest chance for feedback that will further the Recovery Project.
3. Meet all the requirements listed above or a cool reason why you might benefit from participating in this kind of study. All applicants will be considered.
Thanks for taking the time to check out the Smith Haus Recovery Project. If you can’t commit to at least 3 session but want to give one a try let us know. Results are noticeable immediately! Every person responds a little differently but typical results mimic 1-3 days of recovery even after the very first session. I wish you all the best with your training and racing this year and beyond.